Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Vegetable Garden - 1



Vegetable Garden
A glorious picture of the blueberry plant my daughter planted 2 summers ago ready to bear fruit this year. Spring/Summer that glorious time of the year when everything is green and waking up to the sounds of birds singing. I am all pumped up and can't wait to plant my vegetable garden, garden patch is ready, the seeds having been started indoors and ready to be transplanted. I dropped by Home Depot on a warm April day and found a lot tomato plants, could not resist bought a few put them outside that day itself. Luckily there was no frost, and my tomato plants are looking healthy and starting to flower already! I am all pumped up now. Bitter gourd (Pavarkai) has by far been the best yeilding after the tomatoes. I finally succeeded in getting my eggplants to fruit last year. The trick is to keep them in pots rather than on the ground. I don't know what the logic is behind this but this worked. The best nutrition has been the waste water from cleaning the milk can, water from washing rice, dal etc. I am reluctant to add any fertilizers or pesticides. I do not buy pavarkai from the stores anymore I wait for summer so I can get my own fresh ones.

Garden Patch





Seedlings ready to be planted



2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have a wonderful garden there. Looking forward to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!!! I am jealous!! Can't wait to see your Green blog recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Appreciate you taking the time.
Comments embedded with links, spam and in poor taste will not be published.