Common sense returned. I kept aside the well mixed butter sugar mixture aside wondering what use I can put it to. Couple of days later when I was wondering what breakfast to make when this idea struck.
Who doesn't like caramelized sugar? This is less of a recipe and more of an idea. As for it being a kid breakfast depends on you. There is no reason for adults not to have a couple of slices.
Caramelized Toasted Bread
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:15 minutes
- 8-10 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1/4 tbsp of butter
- 1/4 cup of sugar
I call it breakfast but it is good as a dessert.
- Mix together melted butter and sugar. It is better to make it ahead of time, let it cool and let it thicken a bit.
- Now heat a griddle for toasting the bread.
- Apply the butter sugar mixture for each of the bread slices.
- Toast the bread on the hot griddle till the sugar melts, flip and cook on the other side. The darker the color the crunchier and tastier it is.